Thursday, March 22, 2012

Respirar

Yesterday I finished my Spanish Woman Writers course and finally have some time to breath! We celebrated with cidra y uvas. Then, last night I went out for pizza with my mom and sister. After, my mom insisted we go to McDonald's and get an ice cream cone. Surprisingly delicious. We drove around Heredia, blasting Spanish worship music and laughing all the way…ha ha ha…too much? The night ended in the ultimate climax of my mother running around screaming because Naty had waxed her mustache. Oh dear, I  am definitely feeling like a part of the family now. 
Today I went la piscina with my mom and swam some laps in the beautiful sunshine. Now I am at campus hoping to write some letters. 


Also in the last week or so…


I ran a 10k in the sand with my sister on the beach. 
We had a huge celebration for the dedication of the Whitworth Costa Rica campus with the wind symphony, board members, President Beck and all the students and families. The place was craaazzzy. There was lots of dancing and laughing and eating:)
I went to la FIA, a huge music festival, and danced to a Spanish band and then a Cuban band (planning on heading there tomorrow again).
Got really sick and watched movies for a day straight…oops.
Got really excited that my parents were coming in a week and then realized it was actually two weeks:(


Anyways, life is good. God is good. I am still learning a ton. I suspect that won't stop anytime while I am down here.


Que Dios les bendiga a todos Uds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment